Got problem with aligning elements!

Baxtex

So, i have now done a rather simple "link box":

.g{float:left;width:70%;padding:0;margin:auto;list-style-type:none; }.g a{float:left;width:6em;text-decoration:none;color:white;background-color:purple;padding:0.2em 0.6em;border-right:1px solid white;}.g a:hover {background-color:#ff3300;}.g li {display:inline;}.g a.l{border-right:0px;}

But i want it to be in the top center of my page, but i can't get that to work. I have tried both using "margin:auto;" and "margin-right:auto;margin-left:auto;" but nothing happens with my "link box". Somebody got any ideas?

But I have tried to remove the float:left from g, it moves like 200px from the right, but it's still not centerd.I tried to make a new element:

HTML:<div class="z"><p>blalalalallaallalalalalalaalal</p></div>CSS:.z{margin:auto;width:70%;background-color:blue;}

That worked. I made a div elment around my "link box" and did the same thing, but i would't work.Can someone please help me? Soon i'l break my keyboard in half!

I Actually got it worked, out, in some weird way....Well anyways, i got a new problem with a link box:

HTML:<!DOCTYPE HTML><html><head><title>Linderöds allmek</title><link href="linderodmall.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></head><body><br/><div class="div1"><div class="u"><ul class="m"><li><a href="#home">Om företaget</a></li><li><a href="#news">Bilder</a></li><li><a href="#contact">Kontakt</a></li></ul></div></div></body></html>CSS:ody{font-size:100%; background-color:white; color:black; margin:100px;padding:0; background-image:url('loggajpg.jpg'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:33% 0%; background-attachment:static;}.div1{width:600px; padding:10px; border:5px solid gray;margin:auto; height:800px; border-style:outset;border-radius:10px; box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888888; }.m{list-style-type:none;margin:0;padding:0;padding-top:6px;padding-bottom:6px;}.m li{float:left; display:inline;  }.m a{width:600px; display:block; }.m a:link{font-weight:bold;color:#FFFFFF;background-color:#98bf21;text-align:center;padding:6px;text-decoration:none;}.m a:visited{font-weight:bold;color:#FFFFFF;background-color:#98bf21;text-align:center;padding:6px;text-decoration:none;}.m a:hover {background-color:#7A991A;}.m a:active{background-color:#7A991A;}.u{width:100%; position:relative; left:200px; display:inline;}

I acutally solve the new problem myself too. It was that i had a link box, but i would't fill out my whole div element. But after some time i finally found the problem, i have out padding on in the box property.

Archived