any PHP FTP considerations?

jcb9119

I want to use PHP to automate some daily ftp file transmissions. Currently these files are ftp’d manually to a client site using File Zilla. I noticed many PHP FTP functions are available at http://php.net/manual/en/ref.ftp.php.Therefore, would it be correct for me to assume my PHP script automation idea is doable as long as I am supplied the ftp userid’s and password’s including those at the client site? I was thinking of either setting the automated process up as on-request, or maybe launch it out of CRON or some scheduler. I believe it is a Linux environment.Are there any basic considerations I am overlooking?Thank You Very Much

I will attempt a more specific question:I read the following on w3schools:…if you are running the Linux version of PHP, you will have to compile PHP with --enable-ftp (PHP 4+) or --with-ftp (PHP 3) to get the FTP functions to work….2 Questions:What is the simplest way for way for me to detect if one of these PHP options is set on my Linux box?If I have PHP and ftp configured satisfactorily on my Linux or Windows box, does that mean I can expect my PHP/FTP commands will likely connect successfully to other ftp boxes regardless of their OS?Thanks

I will attempt a more specific question:I read the following on w3schools:…if you are running the Linux version of PHP, you will have to compile PHP with --enable-ftp (PHP 4+) or --with-ftp (PHP 3) to get the FTP functions to work….2 Questions:What is the simplest way for way for me to detect if one of these PHP options is set on my Linux box?If I have PHP and ftp configured satisfactorily on my Linux or Windows box, does that mean I can expect my PHP/FTP commands will likely connect successfully to other ftp boxes regardless of their OS?Thanks
you can use phpinfo() to see ftp is enabled or notprotocols (ftp) are platform indipendent. It will be connected to remote server via the ftp port.

Archived