oracle regexp_substr

paulonline2501

hi,im having a little trouble with my regexp_substr.i have two problems in brief:

1. i cant get muliple results back for each search where there could be more than on matching string

1. the last two '>>' are missing from the code.

detail description 1:==============im currently only getting back one row for the first express i find.i would except to find multpi rows as the expression can be in the string multiple times.i want a row for each result - not just the firstwhat im looking for is <<@xxxxxxxx>>i dont know what xxxxxxx is but i know it starts <<@ and ends >>.and to repeat myself i want to get back all matches - my code currently only brings back the first match.so in the example <<@123>> is found but <<@124>> is missed.CUT DOWN EXAMPLE OF CODEselect regexp_substr('qweqwe<<@123>>qweqweqweqwe<<@124>>qweqwe', '<<@[^>>]+')from my_tableMY ACTUAL CODEselect srl_code, TO_NCHAR(regexp_substr(srl_text, '<<@[^>>]+'))||'>>' as "slp" --substr(,4)from men_srl where TO_NCHAR(regexp_substr(srl_text, '<<@[^>>]+')) is not nullorder by 'slp'detail description 2:===============the result is dropping the trailing >> for some reason.i want this to be included.thanks guys

Archived