Image Optimization

sepoto

I have a JPEG that is 1MB in size. It takes a while to load so I was wondering how is the best way to optimize the image to speed how it loads? The image is a parchment paper background that I use for my guestbook.Thank you!

Play around with different degrees of compression. 50-60% is often hard to notice, depending on the content.Just for kicks, see if GIF indexing + dithering leaves you with anything tolerable.Is there anyway to tile a smaller portion of the image?Is there any way sections of the image can be used in the more conspicuous areas, and blend into a similar background color or gradient (or even a smaller tiled pattern) for areas that will be dominated by text and/or images.

All good suggestions. I will try the compression as I think that is my best bet. Thank you.

Play around with different degrees of compression. 50-60% is often hard to notice, depending on the content.Just for kicks, see if GIF indexing + dithering leaves you with anything tolerable.Is there anyway to tile a smaller portion of the image?Is there any way sections of the image can be used in the more conspicuous areas, and blend into a similar background color or gradient (or even a smaller tiled pattern) for areas that will be dominated by text and/or images.

Archived