asp and access

Guest hardhat

Guest hardhat

Hi,i have a request page that pulls issuedates from an access table. This part works fine, what I need to do is pull in the issuedate and the associated deadline from the access table to the FORM.I have got it working so that I get the information I need, displayed on the screen, but I need to get this data written back to a seperate table in the access db. what I need to ensure is the the FORM REQUEST input fields are set with the correct information.The code below shows what I have already got, and probably helps explain better that I written above ..

function enterdeadline() {document.getElementById("timedeadline").value=document.getElementById("issuedate").value;}

<tr><td bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><font face="Arial" size="2">Cover Date: </td>	<td colspan="3">    <select name="issuedate" id="issuedate" size="1"  onchange="enterdeadline()">   	 <%   	 Dim strSQLissuedate, RSissuedate, currentissuedateDim strRecordsissuedate, strrecordsdeadlineSet RSissuedate = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")strSQLissuedate = "Select * from timeissuedates order by unique"RSissuedate.Open strSQLissuedate, DB   	    	 If Not RSissuedate.EOF Then   	 strRecordsissuedate = "<OPTION VALUE='0'>"      Do While Not RSissuedate.EOF           	 strRecordsissuedate = strRecordsissuedate _        & "<OPTION VALUE='" & RSissuedate("timedeadline") & "'>" &  RSissuedate("issuedate") & "</option>" & vbCrLf     	 RSissuedate.MoveNext      Loop   	 Else      strRecordsissuedate = "<OPTION VALUE='0'>No records found"   	 End if   	 Response.Write strRecordsissuedate    	    	 strRecordsissuedate = ""   	 RSissuedate.Close   	 %>   	 </SELECT></font></td>	</td>	</tr>	<tr><td bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><font face="Arial" size="2">Deadline:</td>	<td colspan="3">    <input type="text" id="timedeadline" name="timedeadline" value="" size="25">	</td>	</tr>

what I need to do, is get the value of the issuedat & timedeadline input fields to be representative of what is looked up in the access table.Can anyone see an easy way of doing this ?

If i understand you correctly something like this perhaps:When you get your results from the database you could try concatenating two values as one...ie your select statement may look something like this:("SELECT timedeadline+'@@'+issuedate AS thisDate FROM timeissuedates ORDER BY unique")You could then use thisDate as the value for your drop-down-box.After the user changes the value of the drop-down the sub is called. The sub then gets the value of the drop-down and splits it in two values where @@ exists. It then updates the form with the values.

<script language="vbscript"><!--    sub update()         iStr=trim(results.value)         if replace(iStr,"@@","")<>"" then             iExist=instr(iStr,"@@")             if iExist>0 then                iDate=right(iStr,len(iStr)-iExist-1)                iValue=left(iStr,iExist-1)             end if         else                iDate=""                iValue=""         end if         document.myForm.test.value=iDate         document.myForm.test2.value=iValue    end sub--></script><select onchange="update()" name="results">  <option value="">Please Select</option>  <option value="one@@01/01/2007">1</option>  <option value="two@@02/01/2007">2</option>  <option value="three@@03/01/2007">3</option></select><form name="myForm">     <input type=text name=test readonly />     <input type=text name=test2 readonly /></form>