Console app published in a browser?

fuzzylr

I wrote a very small Linux application. I wanted to embed it into a browser so that I didn't have to compile it and to have my friends look at it. I wanted to use php to make a call to the executable and then display it int he browser.I'm really new with both C++ and Php so I'm sure I can do it but I'm not sure about how to it the app to work int he browser. The application itself will be copied to the html folder and so I guess the trick is getting it to display.Current Code:

system ('./menu');

At this time it creates an infinite loop.Suggestions / comments

If that's all you have and you have an infinite loop, then I would think that the issue is in the C++.By the way, I'm pretty sure that system function will wait until the C++ program exits before it returns output. So if your program take any input, or is any form of interactive, you're probably out of luck with this approach.

If that's all you have and you have an infinite loop, then I would think that the issue is in the C++.By the way, I'm pretty sure that system function will wait until the C++ program exits before it returns output. So if your program take any input, or is any form of interactive, you're probably out of luck with this approach.
Yes it does. It just kept looping. It was kinda neat. Apache sort of held it's own before I terminated it.

Archived