Format content to upload to database

son

What is it called when you have a field to enter text and you have facilities as in this post to make text italic, bold, insert hyperlinks and other formatting options are provided? would like to google this and find out how to do this for my small content edit on website...Son

Will have a go with Javascript one first, found one called TinyMCE that looks ok... If I did use BBCODE would I be able to achieve something similar? Not sure if Javascript or PHP route is best to take...Son

You going to need both. javascript will be used to create the text editor where it will format the text with bbcode syntax.(as you may have look in this forum text editor) but when it submit to the server you going to need to parse that bbcode to appropiate html syntax using php and send back to the browser as ouput.tinyMCE is that javascript used text editor and the bbcode extension is the libary which will parse the bbcode.

You going to need both. javascript will be used to create the text editor where it will format the text with bbcode syntax.(as you may have look in this forum text editor) but when it submit to the server you going to need to parse that bbcode to appropiate html syntax using php and send back to the browser as ouput.tinyMCE is that javascript used text editor and the bbcode extension is the libary which will parse the bbcode.
I am with you now... Thanks for clarification...Son

Archived