Problem with meta declaration!

Baxtex

When i'm making a new HTML document i Notepad++, i pick the format "Code in UTF-8 without bom" and i use the meta:<meta http-equiv="content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">And then i save it. It works great, i can use all the letters i want, for example ÅÄÖ. But when i turn of my computer, then start it again and starts codeing again, it looks fine, everything seems to be working. But if i add ÅÄÖ they just become question marks. Even though it worked last time i worked with it.Do anyone have any idea how to make ÅÄÖ work, even after i have restarted my computer? And yes i can assure you i have saved the document.

Guest Stefán Örvarr Sigmundsson
When i'm making a new HTML document i Notepad++, i pick the format "Code in UTF-8 without bom" and i use the meta:<meta http-equiv="content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">And then i save it. It works great, i can use all the letters i want, for example ÅÄÖ. But when i turn of my computer, then start it again and starts codeing again, it looks fine, everything seems to be working. But if i add ÅÄÖ they just become question marks. Even though it worked last time i worked with it.Do anyone have any idea how to make ÅÄÖ work, even after i have restarted my computer? And yes i can assure you i have saved the document.
Well, I've had to experiment a little bit with this myself, being Icelandic. I have a suggestion that I want you to try:Start by changing the default encoding of all files which Notepad++ creates into UTF-8.Settings -> NewDocument/Default Directory -> Encoding -> UTF-8 without BOMNow, if you have a document which is encoded in another encoding, let's say ANSI, and you want to use UTF-8 because that's the default for the files you create and the most suitable for Swedish and other non-English languages, do this:In the menustrip, you find the toolstrip "Encoding". Instead of selecting "Encode in UTF-8 without BOM" you have to select "Convert to UTF-8 BOM". You can only use the piror option when you're starting the document but if you're changing the encoding (of an already-created document) you must use the latter option.I hope this helped, if not then I'm sorry for the random nonsense.

Guest Stefán Örvarr Sigmundsson

The format (character encoding) I always use is UTF-8, for pretty much all files. I recommend you begin your CSS files with the following, optional, declaration:

@charset "UTF-8";

Archived