protection - no protection

edwind

Hi, I'm currently using an excellent php script to password my page but once 'in' the user can copy the url from the address bar and reuse it anytime (including sharing it) without logging in again. Surel this is nt right? How can I protect my page ensuring that every visit needs to login?

Use sessions. After a successful login, your login page should set a sessions variable, such as $_SESSION['userid']. Protected pages should check that the correct session variable is set. Do it before outputting any content. If the variable is not set, send a location header to redirect users to the login page (or take similar action).This is a pretty standard technique.

Use sessions. After a successful login, your login page should set a sessions variable, such as $_SESSION['userid']. Protected pages should check that the correct session variable is set. Do it before outputting any content. If the variable is not set, send a location header to redirect users to the login page (or take similar action).This is a pretty standard technique.
Thankyou for your response. I have to apologize. I am afraid I used an asp script not php. I need to ask this question elswhere.

Archived