Basic question

peterpachner

Hello, sorry for being so basic. I try to decide wether to use flash on my new site or not. I did reading in the net but still can't make up my mind. The pop up blocker prompts the information bar in windows explorer, that is bad. One can get around that, that takes time. Some may have to update. that takes time. But tha flash animation looks nice. Is there an OBJECTIVE statement somewhere? I stumble over all kinds of promotion but do not really trust it. Is there an alternative to Flash?Newspapers and other sites but up pages with animation and there is no pop up blocker message, why is there one with Flash? What is the current status in animation?Thanks for some hints or links. Best regardsPeter

You can simulate animation using for example Javascript to rotate images.Beside that HTML5 was thought to replace Flash partly to do make designers and developers for the web depend less on 3th party plug-ins and software. You might want to look into HTML5 depending on what it is you want to do the canvas might be interesting for you and if I am right there is already a pretty good browser support for it.If it is just rotating some images use a Javascript function for it or an animated .gif file.

Archived