How to set a website width and height

XHTMLboy

Hi i was just wondering if your website viewer has a different sized monitor, how do you set your content to be in the same place even if you maximize and minimize your browser???? Please help, i'm not very good with width and height.

I'm using div containers.

<body> // Which is 100% and without padding and margins  <div align="center">  // Whis is 100% as body	<div width="1000px">	   whole web content here..	</div>  </div></body>

No matter which resolution you use, web is fixed to 1000px..Also, Facebook is still optimized for 1024x768, maybe on some way like this..

I'm using div containers.
<body> // Which is 100% and without padding and margins  <div align="center">  // Whis is 100% as body	<div width="1000px">	   whole web content here..	</div>  </div></body>

No matter which resolution you use, web is fixed to 1000px..Also, Facebook is still optimized for 1024x768, maybe on some way like this..

why even bother with a wrapper within a wrapper?
<body> // Which is 100% and without padding and margins (by default)  <div width="1000px" style="margin: 0px auto">  //give it a fixed width and then center it using margins	whole web content here..   </div></body>

Archived