Retrieve value onsubmit

sunziun

Hello everyone.In first place I want to thank everyone replies on my question.Now, I have a PHP page using

<input type="text" value="<?php echo $row['name']; ?>

and submit button in order to update data on MySQL Database via form fields. This works fine.My question is:Is it with ajax/jquery possible to submit new/update value in the forn field and retrieve the new details on the same form field without reloading the whole page?thanks in advance.

That is exactly what AJAX is good for. If you already use jQuery, go ahead and use its AJAX features. If not, I suggest learning AJAX on its own. It's always good to really know how stuff works.

That is exactly what AJAX is good for. If you already use jQuery, go ahead and use its AJAX features. If not, I suggest learning AJAX on its own. It's always good to really know how stuff works.
This is a great idea, but not helpful at the moment :)

This is a great idea, but not helpful at the moment :)
what do you mean? learning jQuery or learning AJAX? You'll have to learn one or the other regardless if you want to do what you're asking for. Could you be more specific about what part of his suggestion is not helpful? jQuery uses javascript, and makes it easier to handle cross browsers differences, but just has a syntax that throws a lot of people off and a moderate learning curve; depending on your experience with Javascript. Straight up AJAX is as easy to learn as following the tutorials.

Archived