How do sites redirect for a dummy folder style url, to another page?

wilsonf1

I see so many PPC campaigns on Google that have their URL fr example:buy-computers.com/asus When you hit that URL you end up onbuy-computers.com/desktop-pcs/asus.htmI can do rewrites, I can do 301's... but I cannot figure out how you can redirect for what seems like a folder to a page of content?Heads up please!

If you know mod rewrite that it can be done just the same. You aren't necessarily in a folder called asus but if that's the url then it's for your server to decide where it actually goes.RewriteRule ^(.*)$ desktop-pcs/$1.htmOr you could use php to further process the url for specific cases. Like if the url was /ipods then there wouldn't be a computer brand under ipods so you can send the query to a page that finds what the user is actually looking for.RewriteRule ^(.*)$ parsepage.php?page=$1In the php page you would determine what the user is looking for and redirect to the actual page. This process would occur without the user's browser actually visiting that middle-man page and would go directly to the page requested.

Archived