XSLT for documenting another XSLT

vipasane

Hi,I have an XSLT which uses common phrases to implement multilingual support. I would like to have a another xslt which could easily show up which phrases are used and where they are usedExample of usage:

<!-- usage in xslt --><xsl:value-of select="$phrases/Value[@name='HEADER_title']/child::*[name() = $languageCode]"/><!-- replacements -->"<xsl:value-of select="$phrases/Value[@name='" should be replace  as "Phrase:""']/child::*[name() = $languageCode]"/>" and respectively should replace as empty string

How can I implement this with xsl version 1.0?I'm thankful for any help or thoughts you might bring in to this topic

Sorry, I don't understand what you want to achieve. Processing XSLT with XSLT is possible as XSLT is XML but other than that I don't understand what you want to achieve so far. You might want to show a sample of the XSLT you have and the corresponding output you want to create.

Ok I'll try my best, this is simplified version of xslt I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">	<xsl:output method="html" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="no" omit-xml-declaration="yes" doctype-public="-//W3C/DTD XHTML 1.0Transitional//EN" doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd" standalone="yes" media-type="text/html"/>	<xsl:variable name="phrases" select="document('invoice_phrases.xml')/phrases"/>	<xsl:template match="Invoices"><xsl:variable name="languageCode" select="Header/LangCode"/>		<html>			<head>				<title/>				<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="invoice_styles.css" title="Style"/>			</head>			<body>				<h1><xsl:value-of select="$phrases/Value[@name='HEADER_title']/child::*[name() = $languageCode]"/>				</h1>			</body>		</html>	</xsl:template>

And this is from invoice_phrases.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><phrases xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">	<Value name="HEADER_title">		<DE>Invoice in germany</DE>		<EN>Invoice</EN>	</Value></phrases>

In order to find out which phrases are used and where in the initial xslt, I would like to make another xslt which will automatically "document" it by using the same layout but replaces "<xsl:value-of select="$phrases/Value[@name=" with string "Phrase variable:"and rest of it &quot]/child::*[name() = $languageCode]"/>" with empty string. At the end I would have the same html layout, but phrases are replaced with variable names instead of valid translations like in example: the html output is replaced as follows depending on a language code value of "HEADER_title" in phrases.xml is replaced with PHRASE: HEADER_titleI know it's a mess when I try to explain something, it only gets from bad to worse

Sure I could do it statically (eg. every time these things needs some validation) with a by editing current XSLT file using Find & Replace, but I when I'm not around there should some automation so that not-technical person could do it too.

Archived