JS Special Text

shreyaskudav

Well, although it's a tag, it's really just another form of inline styling. That's why we have CSS, so that HTML can focus strictly on structure, and not presentation.edit: if you need to style text, say within a <p> tag, use a <span> and give it a class/id.
okay then, kudos to you if you can be that disciplined in separating "structure" and "styling".
:) I did not mean to stir up the debate about <b> and <i>. In fact, I thought I was warning against such debates.IMO, there's no reason for this board to rehash what has been discussed over and over. If you really want to play, Google it. Just don't expect to resolve it.My apologies to humanity even for mentioning the #### topic.
it's okay "Dad", that's what forums are for, right ? (although this one may be geared more towards knowledge flowing in one direction.) i think we're all m'toor enough to respect each other's preferences within the same discipline.it wasn't meant to resolve the issue, just wanted to see the convictions of an "anti-<b>" developer (btw, are "programmers" who create apps(?) using PHP & JS not referred to as such, is that term reserved for the real ones who use proper languages like C++ & Java, etc; while web-"programmers" are called developers ?)if one may speak for humanity, your apologies are unnecessary, infact humanity thanks you for improving it !! :)
It all comes down to using the right tools for the job. You might have a really nice, shiny and new hammer, but if you need to remove a screw it's time to put the hammer down.
assuming one still needs the screw intact... :P (and with minimal damage to the surface xD )
Also, I miss the blink tag.
i remember that !!i think that was browser specific too, possibly the first tag that made me aware that not all browsers did the same thing.

Archived