Need a basic help

pratkal

Hi how can i do this in phpI want to create table from PHP result with 4 rows / cols after that a new row i.e if there is 4 result there there will be 1 cols and 4 rows while if there is 5 result then 2 cols and 4 rows i am using while($row = ) to fetch the result from mysql table

Hi how can i do this in phpI want to create table from PHP result with 4 rows / cols after that a new row i.e if there is 4 result there there will be 1 cols and 4 rows while if there is 5 result then 2 cols and 4 rows i am using while($row = ) to fetch the result from mysql table
I don't really follow that part, but you should read the tutorials, there are examples in the PHP/MySQL section.http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_select.asp

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) 	 {		$i=1;		while($i<=5)		{			if($i=='1');			{				echo '<tr>';				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';			}			if($i<='4');			{				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';			}			if($i=='5');			{				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';				echo '</tr>';

this code i used but gone to infinite loop lol

1 step ahead

echo'<table width="100%" border="0">';	 $i=1;	 while($i<=3) 	 {		while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))				{			if($i='1');			{				echo '<tr>';				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';				$i=2;			}			if($i=='2');			{				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';				$i=3;			}			if($i=='3');			{				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';				echo '</tr>';			}

now how to exit the code when my sql associated row run out of?

1 step ahead
	 echo'<table width="100%" border="0">';	 $i=1;	 while($i<=3) 	 {		while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))				{			if($i='1');			{				echo '<tr>';				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';				$i=2;			}			if($i=='2');			{				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';				$i=3;			}			if($i=='3');			{				echo '<td width="25%" style="text-align: center">';				echo $row['cat'];				echo '</td>';				echo '</tr>';			}

now how to exit the code when my sql associated row run out of?

err.... why are you using two loops? did you look at the example at the bottom of the link I posted?

Archived