CSS Links? And design?

XHTMLboy

Hi, i've just been recapping CSS because a few years ago i was learning CSS. But anyway i came accros something that looked like this:a[href$=""]and thisa[href^=""]1, what do they both do diffrently and how do i use them as i tryed to use them in the example below but no link to google. Also what does this do:a[href^=HTTP://", HTTPS://]but this is the example i tried it on:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head>            <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />    <title>CSS example</title>        <style type="text/css">        a[href^="HTTP://www.google.co.uk]{            width: 600px;            height: 800px;        }    </style></head><body>    <section id="wrapper">        <a href="#">Link to google</a>    </section></body></html>[code]Also now that i have started to learn HTML5, CSS 3, and Javascript, PHP. I'm not very good with photo editing software, so if anyone can recommend a website that i can download a theme pack or web graphics, that would be great. Thanks 

Archived