Fonting.

sepoto

I have some custom fonts in True Type format that I have downloaded and would like to use in my page. I'm not sure bit mapping the fonts would be appropriate in all cases and I was wondering if there is a way to set up my server to serve out the custom fonts. In other words is there a way I can make sure the fonts display properly for all the users that view my page without using a bit map?

The normal thing is to start with fonts that have been created in all the required types. Explorer is always the sticking point. fontsquirrel is a good resource. To convert an existing font, you might try this Google search.
What are all the required types? I think what you are trying to tell me is that .ttf is not good enough for everything. Where do I deposit my fonts once I have all the required types? Does Apache need to know where the fonts are or do they just sit in a directory?

Hi,Font squirrel can convert your ttf into :Woff (Firefox 3.6+, Internet Explorer 9+, Chrome 5+)Eot (Internet Explorer 4+)SVG (iPad and iPhone)Just upload the files to you server (in your css folder for instance) if you choose another folder, it's better to specify a relative path as FF older than 4 is buggy with absolute one. add this to your css

@font-face {	font-family: 'myfont'; 	src: url('myfont.eot');/*ie older than 9*/		 url('myfont.woff') format('woff'),		 url('myfont.ttf') format('truetype'),		 url('myfont.svg#myfont') format('svg');	font-weight: normal;	font-style: normal;}.myfont {	font-family: 'myfont', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; /*choose a default font family close to 'myfont' in case the the browser can't display font-face, replace "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" by one according to your font. }

Archived