targeting google chrome

jimfog

I have problems with the display of the menu in a site i uploaded.The problem appears in google chrome.See for yourself: http://www.hellenicastrology.gr/As you see the menu is messed up.How am i going to create a css file targeting only chrome?As far as i know, conditional comments work only for IE-exempt if i am wrong.

I would say the simplest explanation is because you aren't using <li> correctly. You shouldn't use tables for a menu (in general) while trying to use <li>. <li> needs a parent of <ul> or <ol>. From there I would just use some simple methods to float the <li> elements to the left to get a horizontal menu. It should be easy to find if you google how to do a horizontal menu using CSS.edit: if you validated your pages this would have been pointed out. Also consider using a strict doctype.edit edit: upon closer inspection you aren't even using <li>'s for menu. I don't really understand the table structure, seems really nested and unnecessary.

I would say the simplest explanation is because you aren't using <li> correctly. You shouldn't use tables for a menu (in general) while trying to use <li>. <li> needs a parent of <ul> or <ol>. From there I would just use some simple methods to float the <li> elements to the left to get a horizontal menu. It should be easy to find if you google how to do a horizontal menu using CSS.edit: if you validated your pages this would have been pointed out. Also consider using a strict doctype.edit edit: upon closer inspection you aren't even using <li>'s for menu. I don't really understand the table structure, seems really nested and unnecessary.
Float did not solve the problem, alternatively i increased the width of the element to solve the issue.The code is the way it is cause this is what Joomla produces.Where i should validate my code?There was also some other issue with chrome which i solved using a hack-i thought that chrome would display the css exactly as firefox does.Do you think that sometimes it is inevitable to use hacks even for the latest browsers such as Chrome?

Archived