Relative Link To Firefox Chrome

ShadowMage

Hello guys,This question isn't directly related to web development, but it does involve CSS. I'm working on a user style sheet for the FireFox addon Stylish. I've created a few images I'd like to use and I've stored them in the FireFox chrome folder located at C:/Docs n Settgs/<user>/AppData/Mozilla/FireFox/Profiles/<profile>/chrome.My question is, how can I reference that folder without using absolute file paths? Obviously, an absolute file path on my computer will not resolve on someone else's computer, so I need a relative path. I've tried Googling but all I get is links to articles about how to change the userChrome.css file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

anything. if this is for work, as I'm assuming it might be, then surely they have some sort of server for hosting common apps, software, etc in the event computers need to get re-formatted, or app need to get re-installed, or whatever. Just put it somewhere public within your local intranet. Or I guess somewhere on the web if it's for public consumption.

Well, it's actually a personal project. I'm building a stylesheet for this forum actually. ^_^ I had one started for the old version, but it proved to be a little more difficult than I expected and so I never finished it. This new forum version is coming along much nicer and I'm thinking about publishing it. The images were the only thing I wasn't sure of how I was going to make work. I hadn't thought of putting the images on a remote server. Thanks for giving me the nudge in the right direction. Besides ImageShack, do you know of any other good image hosting sites? What's your opinion of ImageShack?

I have a personal webserver through my own website, so I've always just used that if I needed to host anything. I have no real experience with any free hosting sites, for images or otherwise. what about something like this place? They seem to offer direct linking, which I think is what you would need out of a free hosting/storage site.http://www.fileden.com/

Archived