Netbeans Question

Don E

Hey everyone, I did some research and noticed that NetBeans is a pretty good IDE for C++. One thing though, I like to just make some simple individual files from time to time, but the program goes by 'project'. So in other words, just to make a simple program, I don't want to have it as an actual 'project'. Is there a way to disable project mode to just simply make an individual file?(I searched and didn't find an answer(google)) I assume this also goes for other languages as well for Netbeans; meaning it goes by 'projects' instead of something like Notepad++ where you just can open a new page and make whatever file you want. Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I am not familiar with C++, but I am versed in Objective-C, which is a superset to C(object oriented), similar to C++. When programming in an IDE, you can set up either a Single file, or a whole program, as a Project. It is just the way that the IDE organizes your files and/or frameworks/libraries. You can still make a single file in NetBeans, and compile/build it without having another file. another option is to make the file in Notepad++, and import the single file into the project if that is your goal Hope this helps

AFAIK, for most languages, the only thing NetBeans can do by loading a plain file is do syntax highlighting and a few syntax error detections. For all other things, you must create a project. You could always create a project at a separate place, and add the file to the project. By doing that, you can load the project file when you want to use NetBeans and the C file itself when using another IDE.

Archived