Youtube Frame Along With A Drop Box? How Do I Do It?

Ryan94

Ok, so i'm a highschool student in indiana, and i have web design and my teacher only goes so fast and i've wanted to learn how to do web design for a while so i'm learning really fast and want to get ahead. We are doing a project on movie stuff. I wanted to be the only one who knows what their doing and i was hoping to be able have Youtube player in frame and then Have a drop box menu thing under the frame and select a movie from that menu and it will play a movie preview in the frame. I have tried myself to mess with tags and i also looked all over the internet but i can't figure it out. Can someone help me please

I'm not sure what sort of "preview" you are thinking of, but if you just want to load a different Youtube video into the frame depending on the selected option, then you can modify the frame's source using JavaScript. Alternatively, you could embed the Youtube videos instead.

Like a movie preview. But how would i do that? I'm kind of new to this stuff. I don't understand really anything about Java and i'm still kinda new to HTML. I've only had this class for about a month and we haven't learned a whole lot

Are you referring to the thumbnail preview for the videos/movies on youtube? Just to note: Java and JavaScript are not related. Java is a programming language like C++. JavaScript is a web development language(client side). There's a story why JavaScript has the word Java in it. JavaScript was called LiveScript at one point. So in high schools nowadays, they have classes for web design/development? Cool. I wish they had that in HS in the upper 90's! :)

Archived