Multiply Alert() Messages

newtoajax

This is not working, the getElementById(); may be the issue.

// JavaScript Documentwindow.onload = getCookie; function getCookie(userData){var i,x,y, cookies = document.cookie.split(";"); for (i=0;i< cookies.length; i++){x = cookies[i].substr(0,cookies[i].indexOf("="));y = cookies[i].substr(cookies[i].indexOf("=") + 1);x = x.replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g,""); if ( x == userData){return unescape(y); }}} function setCookie(userData,value,expireDay){var expireDate = new Date();expiredate.setDate(expireDate.getDate() + expireDate);var userValue = escape(value) + ((expireDay == null) ? "" : ";expires="+expireDate.toDateString());document.cookie=userData + "=" + userValue;}    function confirmUser() { var fName = document.getElementById("fname").value;var lName = document.getElementById("lName").value;var address = document.getElementById("address").value;var email = document.getElementById("email").value;var phone = document.getElementById("phone").value; var user = fName + lName + adress + email + phone; user = getCookie("user"); if (user != ""){window.location.replace("userRedirect.html"); } else {alert("Please submit a form and return to this page.\n Thank you.");}}[\code]

Hey newtoajax, I'm not quite sure what exactly you're trying to do, but since you're lost and need an idea of how it goes by tomorrow(probably too late by now), I thought I'd put together a webpage with a basic form with three input fields that submit to a function and sets three cookies for each input field and then shows(alerts) document.cookie so you can see the cookies. To fetch each name/value pair individually is a little bit more complicated and decided to leave that out for now. In other words, say I wanted to only alert() just the phone number below, it would require a lot more code to grab that from the document.cookie string.

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>JS Cookies/Form</title><script type="text/javascript">function insertData(form){var fname = form.fname.value;var lname = form.lname.value;var phone = form.phone.value; if(fname && lname && phone){  // set cookies  var when = new Date();  when.setTime(when.getTime() + 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000); // 24 hours from now   when.setFullYear(when.getFullYear() + 1); // One year from now   document.cookie=escape("firstname")+"="+escape(fname)+";expires="+when.toUTCString();  document.cookie=escape("lastname")+"="+escape(lname)+";expires="+when.toUTCString();  document.cookie=escape("phone")+"="+escape(phone)+";expires="+when.toUTCString();   alert(document.cookie); // To see what's inside document.cookie   return true;}else{   alert("Please fill in ALL form fields!");  return false;} }</script></head><body><h1>Form</h1><form method="post" action="#" onSubmit="return insertData(this);"><fieldset><legend>Insert Data</legend><label for="fname">First Name:</label><input type="text" name="fname" /><br/><label for="lname">Last Name:</label><input type="text" name="lname" /><br/><label for="phone">Phone:</label><input type="text" name="phone" /><br/><input type="submit" value="Submit Data" /></fieldset></form> </body></html>

To see the alert above, use firefox or internet explorer because for some reason chrome shows up blank when doing alert(document.cookie);(Well for me at least);

Archived