Using Netbeans

jimfog

Can someone tell me what are the advantages of using the Netbeans ide when developing applications. I use dreamweaver to write php code. What is the reason going to an ide like Netbeans?

I don't know for PHP, but it's great for Java because it keeps track of the classes, methods and properties you've created and that you're using. Maybe it does something similar for PHP, but I don't know. I use Notepad++ for PHP.

it keeps track of the classes, methods and properties you've created and that you're using.
Can you explain this a little please?

It will autosugest the calss object properties methods which you have created and built in too..when will you start wrtiting.

It tells you if you initialized a variable but you're not using it, it shows you function parameters when you write the function so that you know what to put in each one. Lots of things, I couldn't list it all.

Very impressive. It seems far more superior from Dreamweaver when it comes to development. I use Dw mostly out of habit, it seems i must break this habit.

I'll use NP++ for quick edits since it starts up quickly, but I like using Netbeans primarily. It has PHP syntax validation (so it will catch parse errors), and, as Birbal mentioned, autosuggest, which is a big help. Also, you can hold down the Ctrl key and click on a variable name and Netbeans will bring to the line where that variable was defined. You can see the big PHP overview here. You may not use many of the features, but I really like the few features I just mentioned.

I am starting to use netbeans and i have to say that i am VERY IMPRESSES. Amazing tool, software development in its finest form. :good:

Archived