Newbie Need Help On Web Design

sanlen

Hi, I am pretty new to a website design/development. I just started with the basic HTML & CSS. I am now thinking of creating a website which allow users to download ebooks (this is just for studying purpose only and just share locally in the intranet). I believe that HTML & CSS itself is not enough to build such website and i am badly need your advise on this matter. I have designed my layout by having header, main content and footer. Main content is where the update information/links should be shown.Could you please advise what should i do if i would like to have my main content divided into 3 different columns to put up the image of books and the short description of the book itself? Should i just rely on HTML or CSS in order to get this job done? A short example will be very much appreciated. Thanks,sanlen

Hi there,I would love to assist you on this project.First off you will need nothing more than HTML and CSS to achieve this so long as you are simply allowing downloads and not uploads.Basic structure for three columns are:PagewrapHeader/HeaderContentwrapColumn1/Column1Column2/Column2Column3/Column3/ContentwrapFooter/Footer/PagewrapPm me if you need more help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiyou have to learn working with a server side language like Asp.net or PHP in order to create dynamic web apps with data bases. But if you just want to share the download link of the e-book which redirects the visitor to another web site, CSS and HTML will be adequate.

Archived