Interactive Websites

ankur218

Hello people,I just finished learning XHTML and CSS. But I am still not sure on how to make interactive websites, as in the side columns like Home, About, Contact, etc. Or rather say some nice templates with backgrounds. I am only able to play with the text and links, and my web pages are looking simply plain. For example, how to build a decent site with good looks, navigation, templates, backgrounds, etc?Please help.P.S: I am going to move on with JavaScript and PHP, but I don't know if that will help me in this purpose.

I really hate templates that you purchase or get for free. The code is often times confusing and does not validate. Also some templates use substandard techniques to achieve the goal, such as tables within tables within tables. You would be much better off coding your own template.Stay away from flash.Just my thoughts.

That is broad question. in web design its all about creativity. First think about a desighn and then go after it. If you have any specific problem we will try to solve that out. For design you going to need only CSS there is no direct relation with design and php. Js can be used though for some interactivity in webpage with some fancy effects. but as initially css enough. Go through te css tutorial very well it will help you after that go through css3 (check the w3schhols tutorials) . css(3) has some features which can partialy replace js in some point. which may be you are looking for. for deisgn related theory you can check this http://tutplus.com they has good theoried about deisgn which you may like to read. there is lot of tutorials around net also.

Everyone says about creativity. I get the point. I do have designs in my mind. But I don't know how to implement. I mean, after learning CSS and XHTML, all I am able to do is to create a website with plane texts and colors and few images here and there. I am not able to make it stylish. I mean, the banners with shades, the side columns which navigate to different pages, the side bars, etc. Get my point now? And yeah, I will definitely look after CSS3 and all. Thanks for time being. Do help me out with the rest.

The one thing I did in the beginning was to view the source code of sites I likes. If I did not understand the code I would search the internet until I found something I could understand. That was mannnnnnnnnnnnnnny years ago and I am not telling you to search the web. But do look at the source code. You can do a lot with html and css to get started and by viewing the source code you may find solutions to the things you want and then you can ask for help to fine tune.Do a search on How to make an interactive website, or tips for making an interactive website.Hope that helps..dink

Archived