xml DataPager / next page or random page

Kimbh

Hi, I am reworking an old web site by starting over. I have done a lot of reading on xml to make a database for random or next page link to put on all my web site pages. I have some 1500 pages so when I rebuild I probably only have 500 after cutting the less viewed pages. Anyway, I have inspyder to create gmz sitemaps but can set it to make a xml site map for a database for the web site. I use expression web to create my web site but mostly I hand code in html and a bit of php. I have been doing this since 1999 and still love html.. :) My problem is how to put a button on my site using the xml sitemap so I can have a next or random link on my web site. I tried using the expression web tools to do this but on my text web site it did not work. I also have zoom indexer that indexes my 11 web sites to create a search engine which I can use to create a sitemap or site index. I have been reading for two day now looking for an answer or software to buy that would allow me to add some type of button to my site so people did not have to search or go back to the navigation to find the next pages. I have found javascript but I can do the same with putting up an html button and simply putting a link to another pages. However I really wanted to find a way to do this without having to add a next buttons by hand on each new website I build so if I remove a page, I don’t have to go back and remove the html link in the future. Does anyone have any advice for an old woman? LOL ThanksKimberly

Archived