roll over image

westman

CSS and psuedo-classes. and not being able to see your code, there's no way to know why it's not working, although generated DW code is most likely the culprit.

I've never experimented with pseudo classes for rollovers before until tonight and I found only divs and links to work for me.Code:

<html><head><style type="text/css">div.roll-over {  background-image: url(img1.jpg); /*EDIT: img1.jpg and img2.jpg are attached for funsies!*/  width: 126px;  height: 126px;}div.roll-over:hover {  background-image: url(img2.jpg);}a#roll-over:link, a#roll-over:visited {  width: 126px;  height: 126px;  display: block;  background-image: url(img1.jpg);} a#roll-over:hover {  background-image: url(img2.jpg);}</style><title>W3S Example</title></head><body>  <div class="roll-over"></div>  <br />  <br />  <a id="roll-over" href="#"> </a></body></html>

So, to supplement westman's question, will pseudo classes work with anything else other than divs and links?

post-36086-0-58307500-1330488730_thumb.jpg

post-36086-0-68334800-1330488735_thumb.jpg

Try <p> tag instead and see if it works as well.. or <h1> etc.. For sake of quirks mode, make sure you add a doctype..
Yea, I usually use strict, but I just hand typed that out of desire for a quick answer. *Upon experimentation* - It seems to be that all block-level elements can make use of :hover... Sweet!

Archived