box positioning anomaly in IE9

jegranet

I am building a site with a table. In the top row I have a logo image and to the right of that I have put a box for google links. In all but IE the box is in the right place at the top of the row. In IE it is at the bottom and has put a space under the logo. my css is: #topbox768 {width: 770px;padding:0px;margin:0px;vertical-align:top;float:right;}Can anyone tell me why this works in all browsers except IE. Many thanks. Jeanstyle.css

I know, I am trying pure css layouts, but have not mastered it yet. I use Dreamweaver and the site I have built with just css is working fine, but does not look right in Dreamweaver. I hasten to add that the Dreamweaver I am using is MX2004, which I will be replacing with CS5.5 in the next couple of months. In the meantime I still have this problem with IE.Thanks. Jean

If you are previewing with Dreamweaver then that is your first mistake. Just go straight to the browser when trying to check your work. Make sure you are using a Strict Doctype, and that all your HTML is valid. IE9 should be just as standards compliant as any other browser out there. Also, it would be important to see your HTML too, not just the CSS by itself. If you have a link to the page, that would be the most idea.

Archived