Need Help - Page containers

Haighy

Hi all Let me set the scene: I have a php page which makes requests to a number of external services, recieves the data via xml, parses the xml and shows the data in a list of the left side of the page. Each item of data has button which once selected shows the details of the item on the right side - all dynamically assembled based on the content of the xml. The php page itself is invoked from a standard form on another html page ( ie a search field and go button). I wanted to encapsulate the php page using AJAX so that the user gets a loading image. In order to get the loading image working correctly i created a 'parent' html page and load the php content into it via an AJAX request. This works but comes with some issues. The trouble is my php page uses: document.getElementById("Details").innerHTML to load the details sections so that does not work anymore i have options on the php page to reload itself based on number of items displayed / sort order etc so these over-ride the html parent. I am stuck on the best way to structure this correctly before i make any more changes. If i effectly have a page loaded (php) within another page (html) is there way to identify them independantly so the above two issues can be resolved? I hope this was not too long :) - i am self trained here so there maybe simple ways of the doing above. Any help would be greatly received!!Andy

Let me ask in another way:If you have a nested webpage 'b' inside webpage 'a' is there a way to have links within 'b' which just reloads the space which 'b' occupies in 'a'? I am pretty sure the answer will be no sadly

Archived