Need help making my site adding features

wiseowlstudios

Hi I am currently building a website from scratch (including css) and I am stuck on how to best go about making the features I want.I am trying to make a site like: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ as it has a nice layout and has similar requirements to what I want. How would i best go about adding the news bar seen next to/above the ad and what is the best way to get the news that auto updates on the front page with the most recent entrys. I have currently got nested css boxes in the rough shape and produced this so far:websiteroughed.png Can anyone give advice on how to add auto updating news+news banner thing? Also i am changing the buttons at the top to a js dropdown box as having trouble with css dropdowns.And what is recomended for account creation and forums im thinking phpbb or is there a better free one

For the news you could use a CMS like wordpress. As for the news banner you can look up "content slider" in google. There are ready solutions or you could make one yourlself. If you use a CMS (any CMS) there should be plugins for content sliders.

Archived