updating database records

chrisjwebb1978

Hi guys Sorry if this is in the wrong forum location... I want to know the best way of displaying records in a web page that can easily be updated or deleted. My thoughts have been displaying records in rows that can be clicked on (like hyperlinks), which then create a popup that lets you select whether to delete the record or update it. If you select update, this opens a window with the record information so you can update a field. My other thought is a button or two (separating the delete and update functions) next to each record that removes the extra step required above. Any suggestions Thanks for your help.

You would need to be able to integrate multiple languages to work together, and would be dependent on your proficiency with programming in general. JS on the client side to handle to dialogs and popup your referring too, and for (optionally) making the requests to the server side. PHP or ASP and typically MySQL to handle to processing of the users submission and for updating the database. I would familiarize myself the tutorials at a minimum and figure out what your don't know and practice all the individual components first before diving right into the project as a whole.