Problem with targeting

Shadowing

Hey guys there is still some targeting things i dont understand with CSS i guess with my logic this should work on styling the inputs inside this div tag but it doesnt.

div.view_mail_buttons input{color: #E0E0E0; background:black; border: 2px outset #d7b9c9;} <div class'view_mail_buttons> <input type='submit' class='inbox_reply' value='Reply'> </div>

• Like 1

Look a little closer at the div.. you're missing something important there.. also.. using double quotes is preferred for attributes. Hint: It goes between the attribute and the value assigned to it.

Edited by Don E

lol geez didnt even notice that lol. funny there is two errors in that lol. Thanks don for replying. I was so focused on the css lol didnt check for typo's on the tag I'm returning the whole thing as a php string which im using double quotes for so i dont have to go in and out of quotes when inserting php variable example

$var = "<div class='name'>$variable</div>";

other wise i would have to do

$var = '<div class="name">' .$variable. '</div>';

Edited by Shadowing

Guest So Called
lol geez didnt even notice that lol. funny there is two errors in that lol. Thanks don for replying. I was so focused on the css lol didnt check for typo's on the tag I'm returning the whole thing as a php string which im using double quotes for so i dont have to go in and out of quotes when inserting php variable example
$var = "<div class='name'>$variable</div>";

other wise i would have to do

$var = '<div class="name">' .$variable. '</div>';

I prefer to look at the HTML source produced by the PHP. Even though PHP often does not care whether single quoted or double quoted, I like all my generated HTML to be one or the other. Perhaps it's just OCD... I don't see anything at all wrong with the ' . $variable . ' nomenclature. In fact in many cases I think it makes the PHP code more readable.