face book login

westman

hi all i put a facebook login on my site and its not working this is what i have...

<div id="fb-root"></div>	  <script>	    window.fbAsyncInit = function() {		  FB.init({		    appId	  : 'YOUR_APP_ID', // App ID		    channelUrl : '//WWW.MY_DOMAIN.COM/channel.html', // Channel File		    status	 : true, // check login status		    cookie	 : true, // enable cookies to allow the server to access the session		    xfbml	  : true  // parse XFBML		  });	    };	    // Load the SDK Asynchronously	    (function(d){		   var js, id = 'facebook-jssdk', ref = d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];		   if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}		   js = d.createElement('script'); js.id = id; js.async = true;		   js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js";		   ref.parentNode.insertBefore(js, ref);		 }(document));	  </script><div class="fb-login-button" scope="email" data-show-faces="false" data-width="200" data-max-rows="1"></div>

i put my appId in place and with channelUrl i put in the site page after login (user home page) is that right? plus how can i get facebook users info into php veribles?

Check your error console, and use the developer tools to check requests to look for the request for the API. It doesn't look like you have the correct source.

plus how can i get facebook users info into php veribles?
Use their PHP SDK. Also, not that this matters since I've already told you before, but "verible" is not a word.

variable not veriable, your mixing up the "a" with your "e" so when your typing it, just remember its not an "e" but an "a"

• 3 weeks later...

as suggested, use their PHP SDK. If you want to use their JS SDK/implementation, then you would need to read their documentation and get the values you need and make an AJAX request to a PHP script with those values. fwiw, I found it easier to read their API documentation and made my own custom class making curl requests to their API to get the information I needed. Of course, for my specific case, I'm relying on offline access (which will be deprecated soon) in order to show FB information for the user/owner of the site, so it's kind of specific to my own unique requirements.