Scrolling

Springs_Goth

Hi all,Im not sure if you use Javascript for this, but its a start.What i want, is if you think of Frames, where you click a link and then a page is renewed on the say right hand side, with all the text and images that you want. However none of the rest of the site has been renewed, such as your navigation and marquee above.Now what i am esentially look for is to click on a link and have the page renewed WITHOUT frames. And then to have the text or say 'editable region, (my editable no-one elses) be able to scroll, but NOT the page, the page must be fixed...I am back on monday at work, and will reply then...please help. Thanks!

This sounds to me like something you would do with AJAX, but I'm not entirely sure. If you want to learn about AJAX, there is a really good tutorial here.

This sounds to me like something you would do with AJAX, but I'm not entirely sure. If you want to learn about AJAX, there is a really good tutorial here.

Thats what I was thinking too. But ot get a part of the page to scroll with out frames means you need to use this.
<div style="width:##px;height:##px;overflow:auto">..div content...</div>

If the content exceeds the width and height of the div scrollbars will appear inside hte div