How to kill frames

pplesman

I use a single frameset of (*,0) and load all my pages in the main screen. I now need to divide the main screen into 2 parts. The top part I fill, the bottom is filled by loading hotlinked pages in it from the top screen. I can get that to work. Unfortunately if I load any other pages in the top frame the window stays at half the size. Also, everytime I click a button on the top frame to make an update to the database and the screen returns it is half of the half, then half of the quarter etc.How do I kill the latest frameset, i.e. the bottom window, and default back to the (*,0) frameset or is that even possible? Once you make a frameset is there a way out?

I use a single frameset of (*,0) and load all my pages in the main screen.  I now need to divide the main screen into 2 parts.  The top part I fill, the bottom is filled by loading hotlinked pages in it from the top screen.  I can get that to work.  Unfortunately if I load any other pages in the top frame the window stays at half the size.  Also, everytime I click a button on the top frame to make an update to the database and the screen returns it is half of the half, then half of the quarter etc.How do I kill the latest frameset, i.e. the bottom window, and default back to the (*,0) frameset or is that even possible?  Once you make a frameset is there a way out?

I'm not too familiar with framesets; in fact, I've never used them before. But I do believe that using the 'target' attribute in the <a> tag and assigning it the value of '_top' will open a link in the main browser window. You can also try assigning '_parent' to the 'target' attribute and see what that does. Hope that helps.lugos