problem in smooth div move

santu

Hello,I have in problem below this script.I can't flexible the height in javascript. Here height is fixed "if(hh==80)".If any solution - I want the flexible height. please help about this script.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <html><head><style type="text/css">#coverlogin{width: 320px; height: 0.1em; overflow:hidden; visibility: hidden;}#loginbox{width: 300px; height: auto; border: 1px solid red; background:#f2f2f2; border:1px solid #e6e6e6; position:relative; padding:10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}.title{color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; font-family:verdana; font-size:12px;}.close{position:absolute; bottom:0px; right:0px; background:#666666; color:#000; padding:3px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; text-decoration:none; color:#fff;}</style> <script type="text/javascript">var hh=0;var inter;function ShowBox(){ if(hh==80) { clearInterval(inter); return; } obj = document.getElementById("coverlogin"); obj.style.visibility = 'visible'; hh+=2; obj.style.height = hh + 'px';} //same way as above but reversedfunction HideBox(){ obj = document.getElementById("coverlogin"); if(hh==2) { obj.style.visibility = 'hidden'; obj.style.height = '0.1em'; clearInterval(inter); return; } hh-=2; obj.style.height = hh + 'px';}</script></head> <body> <a href="#" onClick="inter=setInterval('ShowBox()',3);return false;" class="title">Click here to show the box</a> <div id="coverlogin"><div id="loginbox">Now you can see what's inside the box!<a href="#" onClick="inter=setInterval('HideBox()',3);return false;" class="close">Close It</a></p></div></div> </body></html> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thanks

index.html

Edited by santu

I'm not sure what "80" is supposed to represent. You can substitute 80 for a dynamic value, like the offsetHeight of another element. Perhaps you want the scrollHeight of the current element. Perhaps this meets your requirements:

if(hh == document.getElementById("coverlogin").scrollHeight)

The best way to get the right answer from us is to ask the right questions. If not, I can only make guesses.

I don't have enough information. Like I mentioned before I'm just trying to make guesses as to what your problem is. You need to make an accurate english description of what you want done.