How Can I Create a Login Box Similar to W3Schools Forum

YourAdrenalineFix

Hi everyone, This is my 1st post on W3Schools forum and I can definitely say it looks like this is going to be a great community to be a part of. Well this is my first question here but I can also assure y'all that I'll have plenty more to come in the future. I have a classifieds on my site and have been wanting to create a much better login but I don't know where to begin. If anyone could share any tips on where I might begin to create a login box similar to the one used fro logging into this forum, I'd be most appreciative and I do thank you all many times over in advance, Thanks, Stuart K

Hi Ingolme, Strange... I'm "Following" this topic but never received a notification of a new response. Hmm... Anyways, I guess I'd like to begin with the graphical interface, then I'd need to learn how to make it work (That's coming up when I reach the PHP tutorial) So I guess any input for now would get the brain cells charged up and I'd really appreciate the help. Thanking you once again, Stuart K

for graphical interface you will use html (for layout) css (for styling), php will add functionality and you will need js if you want to anything fancy (like popups, without reload login) Download the firebug for firefox or any other developer tools for specific browser if you want to see how the elements and styles are used. developers tools also will save your time alot later. Stat with graphical interface if you are comfortable with html and css and then move into php. once you grasp the basics we can help you more accurately on your problem. also if you want, can check the php forum where there iis sticky post of a login script to get and idea.

Hi Again Ingolme and Birbal, I thank you both for the input you've both provided. I'm presently knee deep in the JS tutorial and I plan on going through the PHP tutorial next. There's just SOOOO much to try to pack in and remember / memorize in these tutorials but In the same breath I must say that these tutorials are excellent and I greatly appreciate them being here. Also, about the login... Nevermind me, Im just trying to put the cart before the horse I guess. Anyways, Thanks so much for the willingness to help, I'll be intouch. Stuart K

you will also need to take a look into mysql tutorials. I am not restraining you from learning js. but i would prefer to go like this html>css>php>mysql>js if you want to do the login system js will hardly help with it core functionality. you can do fancy things later with js always