Outside border on my schedule & other needed touches

tigertiger

Hi there this is my first posting here. I am nearly done this schedule I've been told to make except for a few things that are off from how it's suppose to look like.The words Saturday and Sunday should be at the top along with it still requiring closer padding,thicker outside borders and for some reason the top didn't change green like the rest. I think I've followed what I was said to do like...-having an outside border of 2px, #305704-having an inside borders of 1px, #305704-Set an appropriate padding dimension so the table looks similar to the image above-Collapse the borders (is the problem stemming from here `~` ? )-Use the <th> element for the headings-To center the table horizontally, set the table width, plus appropriate left and right margins. (text-align: center will not work with tables) I don't think I properly set the appropriate aligment so the days of the week are at the top of the cell by having CSS class,apply it to the appropriate cells to do this b/c that isn't the effect so my guess is the in file style is sort of off. This is what I got so far

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN><!"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><html lang="en"><head>   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">   <script src = "modernizr-1.5.js"></script>  </head><style>table {border: 2px #305704; }td{border:1 px solid #305704;padding 0 1% 1% 5%;} </style> <p><center><strong><font size="5">Family Reunion Schedule</font></strong><center></p> <body><div id="schedule"> <table border="1" cellpadding="15"> <tr> <th>Day</th><th>Time</th><th>Activity</th></tr> <tr><td rowspan="7">Saturday</td></tr> <tr><td>8am-9am</td> <td>Welcome breakfast</td></tr> <tr><td>9am-11am</td> <td>Games for kids</td></tr> <tr><td>11am-1pm</td> <td>Lunch</td></tr> <tr><td>1pm-5pm</td> <td>Craft Table and Video</td></tr> <tr><td>5pm-7pm</td> <td>Dinner</td></tr> <tr><td>7pm-9pm</td> <td>Video viewing</td></tr>  <tr><td rowspan="5">Sunday</td></tr> <tr><td>8am-9am</td> <td>Breakfast</td> </tr> <tr><td>9am-11am</td> <td>Story telling</td></tr> <tr><td>11am-1pm</td>  <td>Lunch</td> </tr> <tr><td>1pm-5pm</td> <td>Craft Table and Family history research</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="7"><center>Group Photos</center></td></tr>  </table> </div> <div id="contactform"><form> </form> <tr><td> </td></tr> </div> </body> </html>

post-111071-0-46412200-1354234229_thumb.png and I also put an attachment and used the "my media" thing to show what pictures of the differences between what I got and what it's suppose to look like.

post-111071-0-46412200-1354234229_thumb.png

i have made some changes try this may it works for u..

<!DOCTYPE HTML><html lang="en"><head>   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">   <script src = "modernizr-1.5.js"></script> </head><style>.table{ border:2px solid #305704}table tr td{border-bottom:1px solid #305704;border-right:1px solid #305704;}table tr td:last-child{ border-right:none;}table tr td:first-child{ border-right:1px solid #305704}table tr th{border-right:1px solid #305704;border-bottom:1px solid #305704; }table tr th:last-child{ border-right:none;}table tfoot td{ border:none !important}</style><p><center><strong><font size="5">Family Reunion Schedule</font></strong><center></p><body><div id="schedule"><table class="table" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"><tr><th>Day</th><th>Time</th><th>Activity</th></tr><tfoot><tr><td colspan="3" align="center">Group Photos</td></tr></tfoot><tr><td rowspan="7">Saturday</td></tr><tr><td>8am-9am</td><td>Welcome breakfast</td></tr><tr><td>9am-11am</td><td>Games for kids</td></tr><tr><td>11am-1pm</td><td>Lunch</td></tr><tr><td>1pm-5pm</td><td>Craft Table and Video</td></tr><tr><td>5pm-7pm</td><td>Dinner</td></tr><tr><td>7pm-9pm</td><td>Video viewing</td></tr><tr><td rowspan="5">Sunday</td></tr><tr><td>8am-9am</td><td>Breakfast</td></tr><tr><td>9am-11am</td><td>Story telling</td></tr><tr><td>11am-1pm</td><td>Lunch</td></tr><tr><td>1pm-5pm</td><td>Craft Table and Family history research</td></tr></table></div><div id="contactform"><form> </form><tr><td></td></tr></div></body></html>