get data from mysql table in HTML from

iammudassir

let suppose i have 3 fields in my form field 1 = Namefield 2 = Dept_code (may be it is a combo box or you sugest what i do)Field3= Dept_name i have a table in my mysql databse with 2 fields like this dept_code dept_name1 accounts2 finance3 administration now i starting filling up my form i enter abc in name field Qestion 1 i want my all dept code from database in my dept_code combo box field means 1 2 and 3 Question 2 when i select '1' from list i want "accounts" in field3 because dept_code 1 = accounts in database i know query will be like this select dept_name from table where dept_id = 1 i want very simple php coding to do this i am not expert

Qestion 1 i want my all dept code from database in my dept_code combo box field means 1 2 and 3
echo '<select>';$result = mysqli_query( "select dept_code from table" );while ($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)){echo '<option>'.$row['dept_code'].'</option>';}echo '</select>';

for question 2, if you want to use that query:

select dept_name from table where dept_id = 1

you will need to use ajax to send a request to php, and have php reply with the single dept name. alternatively you could avoid ajax by sending all dept names to the client before the form is submitted.

• Like 1

echo '<select>'; $result = mysqli_query( "select dept_code from table" ); while ($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)) { echo '<option>'.$row['dept_code'].'</option>'; } echo '</select>'; 

for question 2, if you want to use that query:

select dept_name from table where dept_id = 1

you will need to use ajax to send a request to php, and have php reply with the single dept name. alternatively you could avoid ajax by sending all dept names to the client before the form is submitted.

Thankyou very much this is really is easy solution for me i will inform you after apply this