Loading pages in an iframe from url

JuneShack

Hello I'm using an iframe to load pages from the main page menu. As a result, the url of the main page always stays the same regardless of what page is currently loaded. This also makes it impossible to give links to specific pages other then the main one. Any ideas?

Use a server-side language to load the page content rather than an iframe. Then you can use variables that are in the query string of the URL to load the pages.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick answer. I'm still new to html/css so i want to stick to those only for now before i start wandering in js/php stuff ;) Here's what i'm trying to do, on my index i have a couple links such as

<a class="menu" href="Zelda.htm" target="projecteur">La console</a>

and some others are in a flash menu which also points to the "projecteur" iframe. I'd like my page's url to change when a link is clicked.

Using an <iframe> like that is a bad practise. I'd suggest, if you don't have a server-side language, to make multiple HTML pages with the header, menu and other things identical and then just link to those.

There's absolutely no way you can get a menu like that to work and have the URL of the page change. It's also impossible to use for text-to-speech browsers and search engines.