Invert Logo Position

jlindblom

Hello! Hope you're fine! And really hope you can help me! :) The example. I've got a problem to set the position for my "logo", right now it's a square. Is it possible to get a position for this square, about 40px from the left and maybe 40px from the top, and still have the function with invert logo and 100% height sections? If i use "position: fixed;", the invert-function not work any longer. How to do? Or can I make this effect in another way? Please see the example here, scroll threw the website to see the effect on the square. If I forgot to explain something correct, please ask me, and I will try to explain it in a better way. Thanks for all kind helping! :) Have a nice day! Sincerly,J

Thanks for your answer DarkxPunk. Here is the code. I have tried to do positioning with both absolute and relative. But when making it, the invert-function stop working, or the square will be hiding.When putting margins to it, it doesn't work as it is right now.

<!DOCTYPE HTML><html><head><style>/* RESET STYLES */body, div, dl, dt, dd, ul, ol, li, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, pre, code, form, fieldset, legend, input, button, textarea, select, p, blockquote, th, td { margin: 0; padding: 0; }table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0; }fieldset,img { border: 0; }address, button, caption, cite, code, dfn, em, input, optgroup, option, select, strong, textarea, th, var { font: inherit; }del, ins { text-decoration: none; }li { list-style: none; }caption, th { text-align: left; }/* MAIN STYLES */html {margin: 0;height: 100%;/*  overflow: hidden; */}body {  margin: 0;height: 100%;}section {height: 100%;position: relative;}section#top {background-color: #f26d93;z-index: 0;}section#middle {background-color: #ffffff;z-index: 0;}section#bottom {background-color: #f26d93;z-index: 0;}.white, .pink {behavior: expression( !this.before ? this.before = this.innerHTML = '<div class="after"></div>' + this.innerHTML : '' );}.white:after, .pink:after, .white .after, .pink .after {position: absolute;content: '';top: 0; left: 0;height: 100%;width: 118px;background: transparent url('logo_pink.png') no-repeat fixed 0 0;z-index: 5;}.white:after, .white .after {background-image: url('logo_white.png');}​</style></head><body>  <section id="top">   <div class="white"></div>  </section>  <section id="middle">   <div class="pink"></div>  </section>  <section id="bottom">   <div class="white"></div>  </section></body></html>

With how your code it i am not grasping what your attempting to achieve with all this before after and expressions and such. Seems overly complicated for something as simple as putting one logo in one div and another logo in another.Either way here:

<!DOCTYPE HTML><html><head><style>/* RESET STYLES */body, div, dl, dt, dd, ul, ol, li, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, pre, code, form, fieldset, legend, input, button, textarea, select, p, blockquote, th, td { margin: 0; padding: 0; }table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0; }fieldset,img { border: 0; }address, button, caption, cite, code, dfn, em, input, optgroup, option, select, strong, textarea, th, var { font: inherit; }del, ins { text-decoration: none; }li { list-style: none; }caption, th { text-align: left; }/* MAIN STYLES */html {margin: 0;height: 100%;/*  overflow: hidden; */}body {  margin: 0;height: 100%;}section {height: 100%;position: relative;}section#top {background-color: #f26d93;z-index: 0;}section#middle {background-color: #ffffff;z-index: 0;}section#bottom {background-color: #f26d93;z-index: 0;}.white, .pink {behavior: expression( !this.before ? this.before = this.innerHTML = '<div class="after"></div>' + this.innerHTML : '' );}.white:after, .pink:after, .white .after, .pink .after {position: absolute;content: '';top: 0; left: 0;height: 100%;width: 158px;background: transparent url('https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101235437/invertlogo/logo_pink.png') no-repeat 40px 40px;z-index: 5;}.white:after, .white .after {background-image: url('https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101235437/invertlogo/logo_white.png');}​</style></head><body>  <section id="top">   <div class="white"></div>  </section>  <section id="middle">   <div class="pink"></div>  </section>  <section id="bottom">   <div class="white"></div>  </section></body></html>

Edited by DarkxPunk

Hello. Thanks for your helping DarkxPunk. Here is the new result. Now the logo is positioned. But the invert effect doesn't work anymore, like it did in this link. If you scroll smoothly down in first version, you see the logo be inverted when coming in a new section. So when between two section, the logo is 50% pink, and 50% white. But I can't set a position of it and "floating" over all sections. Understand how I mean?

I can't imagine how your invert effect would work without using Javascript. When the logo is over two different sections you're going to need to create additional elements to show the colors over both sections.

I can tell you for certain now don't work on iPad. May be cool on desktop but your really alienating allot of people if you use this... Tool?Anyway as I said when I get to a desktop I will play some more.