Do IDs overrule CLASSes?

DarkxPunk

Hey everyone, So I am playing around with navigation bars with menus and noticed for some reason one ID is overruling the CLASS and I have been playing with it and can't seem to wrap my head around it. I have:

<style>#nav li {float: left;}.sub li {float: none;}</style> <ul id="nav"><li>Stuff</li><ul class="sub"><li>StuffSub</li></ul></ul>

Now for some reason no matter what I do the sub is being overruled and the li in the .sub is floating left. Now as far as I know the browser should render my css line by line and if the .sub is after the #nav than the .sub gets overruling powers... But its not. Why? Thanks for any help... This is all of the code if you wanna see.

<!doctype html><html><head><title>NavBar</title><style>ul {margin: 0;border: 0;padding: 0;list-style: none;overflow: hidden;}#nav li {float: left;padding-left: 10px;}ul ul {position: absolute;top: 30px;}.sub li {float: none;}</style></head><body><ul id="nav"><li>Home</li><li>About</li><ul class="sub" id="aboutSub"><li>Myself</li><li>Our Company</li><li>Our Partners</li></ul><li>Projects</li><ul class="sub" id="projectsSub"><li>Future</li><li>Present</li><li>Past</li></ul><li>Contact</li><ul class="sub" id="contactSub"><li>Form</li><li>Email</li><li>Forum</li></ul></ul></body></html>