2 needed css tags - How do I generate momentum?

Dhaupin

Hello thanks for approving me, sup all. Basically there are 2 things css has yet to encompass. Element gravity and reverse word wrap. Both would be very useful in the fluid age. I will use an li tab bar to explain both. Gravity:Allows things to migrate upwards by default instead of down. Think inline tab links being collapsed into 1 stack... You would want the short rows forming on top as opposed to the normal gravity making them form bottom. Or with 30 div items on a page you could assign gravity as weights (like z-index, or software sorting) rendering the table finally [almost] obsolete.Reverse word wrap:The first element collapses instead of the last. Even with text align right, li still collapses right element. Bad for rtl and collapsing/tabbed menus in general.I'd love to work with these styles... I feel it would help solve alot of layout hackery/bloat and multi wrapper issues + help bridge the medium between where software rendered tables leave off and css with divs begins (more granular floats, rows, and order). Im just a peon in this Web world... Any advice on best route to enacting momentum for these styles?

Edited by Dhaupin

I can't make much sense out of what you're asking for. Can you give a graphic example? Tables won't and should never become obsolete because they serve a particular function. This is the forum of a tutorial website, W3Schools doesn't have any control over CSS or HTML.

Yeah i realize this is a knowledge consortium, that's why I'm here. There are alot of industry professionals here.Hmm ill use this drupal install as an example. Collapse down browser and watch how tabs collapse (due to normal gravity and wrap) by default.http://50.28.34.226/~cjstestd/drupal-6.26This problem plagues the Internet, tabs are everywhere :)

I see that, the proper solution is to set a correct min-width. But what's the solution you're proposing? Would you have the element wrap above the menu instead of below?

Yes the proposed gravity style would set its nature (inner or outer) and an optional g-index would control a system of weight (just like z-index).Cool I'll experiment with min width

Edited by Dhaupin

It opens a mind boggling amount of possibilities, especially considering css3 animation and things. Elements could be attracted to eachother (n addition or Instead of relative to browser) via weight based on another style a-index.