How to use Java Deployment Tool kit

sportflyer

I am new to this forum so I am not sure whether this is the right place to find help .Please Let me know if another forum is more appropriate: I have added an Applet to one of my webpages to launch an Application that shows a searcheable Family Tree. It is working well with Firefox, IE, and Chrome. I have no way to know whether it will work with other browsers like Safari I understand that to make this applet more universal I need to use Java Deployment Tool Kit. I have read the documents but I still don't understand how to use it since I am not a programmer nor familiar with JAVA. Can someone help me out? I can provide the Applet code that I used in my webpage. Thanks

How an applet works doesn't depend on the browser, just on the Java version that the user has and the operating system that Java is running on. The problem with applets is that they're outdated, and with recent Java security issues a lot of people have Java disabled. Firefox provided an update that automatically disables Java.

Hello friend,this code may helps you to run your applet application in browsers like IE, netscape and safari.getJREs: function() { var list = new Array(); if (deployJava.isPluginInstalled()) { var plugin = deployJava.getPlugin(); var VMs = plugin.jvms; for (var i = 0; i < VMs.getLength(); i++) { list = VMs.get(i).version; } } else { var browser = deployJava.getBrowser(); if (browser == 'MSIE') { if (deployJava.testUsingActiveX('1.7.0')) { list[0] = '1.7.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingActiveX('1.6.0')) { list[0] = '1.6.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingActiveX('1.5.0')) { list[0] = '1.5.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingActiveX('1.4.2')) { list[0] = '1.4.2'; } else if (deployJava.testForMSVM()) { list[0] = '1.1'; } } else if (browser == 'Netscape Family') { deployJava.getJPIVersionUsingMimeType(); if (deployJava.firefoxJavaVersion != null) { list[0] = deployJava.firefoxJavaVersion; } else if (deployJava.testUsingMimeTypes('1.7')) { list[0] = '1.7.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingMimeTypes('1.6')) { list[0] = '1.6.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingMimeTypes('1.5')) { list[0] = '1.5.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingMimeTypes('1.4.2')) { list[0] = '1.4.2'; } else if (deployJava.browserName2 == 'Safari') { if (deployJava.testUsingPluginsArray('1.7.0')) { list[0] = '1.7.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingPluginsArray('1.6')) { list[0] = '1.6.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingPluginsArray('1.5')) { list[0] = '1.5.0'; } else if (deployJava.testUsingPluginsArray('1.4.2')) { list[0] = '1.4.2'; } } }}