edit button...ajax

jimfog

facebook(and not only facebook) when you go to edit your profile has some edit buttons that work with AJAX. These buttons do not work without javascript...it has to be turned on in the browser. I am doing similar edit buttons(in terms functionality) and the question if I should bother at all to have them to work also without javascript-meaning with server-side code also?

If the edit button is a link (<a> element), then you can have it forward to an actual editing page if Javascript is disabled. I don't believe ordinary websites should be inaccessible to people without Javascript enabled.

Facebook is one of an increasingly large number of website which does not support users with JavaScript disabled. As Ingolme pointed out above, you can have the link point to a real page to edit the post for use as a fallback when JavaScript is disabled, but often it simply isn't worth it; if you don't anticipate a large amount of traffic with JavaScript disabled, then you can put up a banner saying that your site doesn't function 100% correctly with JavaScript disabled and leave it as that.