[RESOLVED]To insert row in html using JavaScript

Jangrina

Hi, I am trying to insert row using for loop. Below is my coding.When I try on browser, nothing displayed.Pls help.

<table border="1">  <tr>	<th>Ref. No.</th>	<th>Track</th>	<th>Title</th>  </tr>  <script language="JavaScript">  for (int i=1; i<=10; i++)  {	  document.write('<tr>')	  document.write('<td>' + (100 + i) + '</td>')	  document.write('<td> 3 </td>')	  document.write('<td><a href="3-Management & Marketing\101.pdf" target="_blank">XXXXXXXXXXXX</a></td>')	  document.write('</tr>')  }</script> </table>

Edited by Jangrina

FYI, that is not the long term solution, if you are indeed trying to modify any sort of existing markup. document.write is the worst way to update a page, but just to practice with its fine, but only in limited applications.

I read thru internet if i use document.write, it will erase all the contents in the page after it is loaded. I am not so sure about my understanding about this. And, it is advisable to use innerHTML. I think this is what ur trying to explain. I am trying this below but still theres no display. Pls look into this and advise me whats need to be done with this code. My html code:

<table border="1" >  <tr>	<th>Ref.1 No.</th><th>Track</th>	<th>Title</th>  </tr>  <tbody id="CONTENT"><div id="SHOW"></div>  <script type="text/javascript">  createRows('SHOW');</script>  </tbody></table>

My js code:

function createRows(){var tbody = document.getElementId("CONTENT"); //tbody = your table bodytbody.innerHTML = ""; //empty table bodyfor (i=1; i<=10; i++){  tr = tbody.insertRow(-1); //append a row in table body  td = tr.insertCell(-1); td.innerHTML = (100+i);  td = tr.insertCell(-1); td.innerHTML = 3;  td= tr.insertCell(-1); td.innerHTML = "Jangan bersedih";}}

Edited by Jangrina

I wrongly type getElementId. It should be getElementByID.Do JavaScript have compiler/debugger? I used to use compiler like Visual C++ that shows the line no of the syntax error. Do JavaScript have something similar like this?