Need some advice from you guys!

rovinrambo

Hello! I'm new here in W3School forum. I want to become a Web Developer/Web Designer and i found this very useful website ( W3School ). I need some advice on what should i need to learn first to become a Web Developer/Web Designer? Thank You!

• Like 1

HTML amd CSS to start off. After that you can learn a server-side language (PHP, ASP, Java server pages) or Javascript, I don't think either one of the two have priority over the other.

Yup thescientist! I already read the HTML Tutorial only because i'm thinking that before i proceed to CSS i will master first the HTML but i don't know what to do to become familiar in HTML. I'm trying to make a website using HTML but i cannot think any ideas on what will i do. Any suggestion sir on how can i practice my skills in HTML ? Thank you!

the best advice is to just make a website. It certainly can't be that hard to think of something based off your interests. It is practical to learn HTML/CSS hand in hand, since without each other, you're not going to get far. They are the definition of complimentary.

i don't think you read my post correctly. you need them both. learn some tags and then learn how to style them, otherwise you'll have a page without anyway to lay it out or design it.

Use HTML and CSS in the same page. If you're just writing HTML without CSS don't try to make it look good, because that's not what HTML is for. With HTML you can't set font, colors, sizes, positions or anything. HTML does pretty much nothing but wrap data in meaningful tags.