Constant in Abstract Classes

sircatsquid

Um.. tried Google this but I only find answers about if making constant abstract...I just wonder if I can have constants in an abstract class. Cause I get this error of a undefined constant. This just a example of what I mean and not the actual code, does the same on the other hand.

abstract class testconst {    const YEY = 0;    public function dosomething(){	    if(testconst::YEY == 0)		    return "Awesome!";    }}class test extends testconst {    public function something(){	    return parent::dosomething();    }}

What I was aiming for to have a base class that did some general thing I don't want to define in every class and I wanted to define some options for it.

Looks like the problem is when I call it from the child class.Tried these two.. still don't work.

parent::YEY testconst::YEY

Edited by sircatsquid

you can use static::YEY which resolves to current calling class.

you can use static::YEY which resolves to current calling class.
Yeah, but that didn't work either... why? Well the issue was that I forgot to refer to what class the constant was belonging to when assigning the default value of a privet property in the parent class.Funny cause it said the error was on the line there I was instantiating the child class... very confusing. Thanks anyway for sharing your thoughts, it's appreciated to get some hints.