not reading padding

Most browsers are reading the padding for my lists www.freelancebusinessman.comI am confused, you can see my stylesheet there, I am confused I specify margin-left:0px, 0em, meaning I tried them both, some browsers are reading it some are not, and the problem is, I want them all to have a little space from the left wall, on all the browsers, I have never had it ignore or misread my padding styles for lists before.

none of them but ie are displaying it right, it's like there ignoring my paddings all together. It's starting to get me angry, I am about to smash the monitor. Just got out of one fix, into another one.#mainnav {width: 200px;background-color:#666666;margin:0.5em;border-color:#333333;border-style:double;float:left;}#mainnav h3{font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;text-align:center;}#mainnav ol{list-style-type:none;padding:auto;}#mainnav a:link{color:#000000;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;}#mainnav a:visited{color:#000066;}#mainnav a:hover{color:#999999;text-decoration:none;font-weight:bold;}#mainnav a:active{}

the only place I see you setting padding is here

#mainnav ol{list-style-type:none;padding:auto;}

Where do you need the padding??? Do you have a link to the example page...it would be much easier to solve if we could actualy see what you mean.

the only place I see you setting padding is here
#mainnav ol{list-style-type:none;padding:auto;}

Where do you need the padding??? Do you have a link to the example page...it would be much easier to solve if we could actualy see what you mean.

It wasn't padding before that. I used the other selectors, it's auto because that is what I was trying then, www.freelancebusinessman.com I need it to simply remove the padding from the left, and allow me to set it, all the other browsers, keep ignoring my padding rules.

FireFox seems to be handling it correctly while IE is not. Play witht he margin

margin:0.5em;

see if it makes a differencetry adding this after the above line

margin-left:0px;padding-left:0px;

FireFox seems to be handling it correctly while IE is not. Play witht he margin
margin:0.5em;

see if it makes a differencetry adding this after the above line

margin-left:0px;padding-left:0px;

finally got it, what's wierd, is when I did it fast, coded it fast, it was all correct, validated excetera, the browser misread it, I HAD to specify left:0, the bottom:whatever, then reposition left after that to the way I wanted when I wentmargin-left:0.6em;margin-bottom:0.5em;it didn't read it right, when I did margin-left:0em;margin-bottom:0.5em;it registered that then picked it up as I repositioned it, very strange.